FAILSAFE ® is distributed by a combined e-mail notification and Web site posting system. Quarterly e-mail notices now go out to every continent and to three dozen nations all over the globe. Just as striking, over 1000 organizations are represented by our recipients.
This global dissemination of our journal is the result not of any recruitment campaign, but of the cumulative effect of people all over the world hearing about FAILSAFE ® through electronic word-of-mouth and e-mailing us to get on our distribution list.
After just a few short years of distributing the journal via the Internet, we now have regular readers in the following regions and countries:
Bermuda, Canada, Mexico & United States
Costa Rica & Panama
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador & Venezuela
Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Serbia, Spain, Sweden,
Switzerland & United Kingdom
FORMER SOVIET BLOC:
Russia & Ukraine
Egypt & Republic of South Africa
Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, P.R.C.-China,
R.O.C.-China & Thailand
What started out as a supplement to F.E.L.S.E.F. ®'s Washington-based lunch-time fora unwittingly became a global electronic forum in its own right. Given that all the materials we print are written and submitted by our own readers, and read by our other readers, who then contact each other directly, FAILSAFE ® has truly become the world's first interactive, open yet exclusive, electronic journal for leading environmental professionals and policy makers with global interests and perspectives.
Furthermore, FAILSAFE ® is read by a network of people from over 1000 organizations that represent all the key environmental professionals and policy makers in the public, private and NGO sectors. Represented among the more than 1500 subscribers are:
- over 250 NATIONAL OR MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS (including Abbott Laboratories; American Honda; Baxter International; Bechtel; Bethlehem Steel; Boeing; Chrysler; Coca Cola; Delta Airlines; Dow Chemical; DuPont; Enron; Exxon - Mobil; FedEx; Ford; General Dynamics; General Electric; General Motors; Geneva Steel; Intel; IBM; International Paper; Lockheed Martin; Lucent Technologies; McDonald's; Merck; 3M; Monsanto; Motorola; Pennzoil; Pfizer; RJR Nabisco; UPS; USX - U.S. Steel; Union Carbide; United Airlines; United Technologies; Westinghouse; Weyerhouser; Xerox; etc.);
- over 100 TRADE ASSOCIATIONS (including Aerospace Industries Association of America; American Automobile Manufacturers' Association; American Public Works Association; Air Transport Association; Association of American Railroads; Chemical Manufacturers' Association; Edison Electric Institute; Environmental Export Council; Electronic Industries Association; National Association of Home Builders; National Association of Manufacturers; Nuclear Energy Institute; Reinsurance Association of America; U.S. Chamber of Commerce; etc.);
- over 100 NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS (including AIG; BT Alex Brown; Bank of America; Chase Manhattan Bank; Citicorp; Goldman Sachs; the IFC; the IMF; J.P.Morgan; Kemper Environmental; Lehman Brothers; Mellon Bank; Morgan Stanley; Salomon Smith Barney; the World Bank; Zurich Re; etc.);
- over 200 ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS (including Browning - Ferris Industries; Clean Sites; The Cadmus Group; CH2M Hill; Dames & Moore; Development Alternatives International; DynCorp; Georgetown Risk Group; Hagler Bailly; The Hart Partners; ICF Kaiser Consulting; Louis Berger International; Montgomery Watson; Ogden Projects; Prizm; Radian; Resolve; RTM; Science Applications International Corp; Waste Management; Waste Policy Center; Roy F. Weston, Inc.; etc.);
- over 250 LAW FIRMS (including Arnold & Porter; Baker & McKenzie; Beveridge & Diamond; Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton; Coudert Brothers; Covington & Burling; Cravath, Swaine & Moore; Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson; Hogan & Hartson; Holland & Knight; Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue; Kelley, Drye & Warren; McKenna & Cuneo; Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy; Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison; Sherman & Sterling; Sidley & Austin; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom; Steptoe & Johnson; Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering; Winston & Strawn; etc.);
- over 100 NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY GROUPS (including Center for International Environmental Law; Center for Sustainable Development in the Americas; Defenders of Wildlife; Environmental Defense Fund; Environmental Law Institute; National Wildlife Federation; Natural Resources Defense Council; Nature Conservancy; Resources for the Future; Sierra Club; World Resources Institute; World Wildlife Fund; etc.);
AS WELL AS:
- the WHITE HOUSE, including the Council on Environmental Quality; the Office of Science and Technology Policy; the Office of the Vice President; the President's Council of Economic Advisors; the National Security Council; the President's Council on Sustainable Development; and the White House Task Force on Global Climate Change;
- the EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Energy, Interior, Justice, Labor, State, Transportation, and others;
- the ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, including the Office of the Administrator;
- all CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEES that have jurisdiction over the environment;
- and SCHOLARLY INSTITUTIONS including think tanks, institutes and universities.
Our readers are our writers, and our writers are our readers. In addition to learning something new about the environment, by reading and writing for FAILSAFE ® you can read and be read by nationally- and internationally-recognized authorities from all over the world and from every sector of the public, private and NGO sectors. Through FAILSAFE ® you can benefit from unmatched opportunities for education on the issues, as well as from unparalleled chances for rewarding professional networking and business development.
Read it, pass it along, and even write for it: FAILSAFE ® is YOUR very own vehicle for tapping into the nascent but quickly expanding network of elite global environmental experts and decision makers.
In this age of global and organizational networks, can you really still afford to go it alone?
RETURN TO HOME (when already at www.FELSEF.org)
RETURN TO HOME (when not yet at www.FELSEF.org)
COPYRIGHT © 1999 BY MICHAEL G. FRODL, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED